Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Subaru, a Pontiac and a Taurus

As some of you may know, I've been experiencing major car troubles this week which has left me totally stressed and at times, stranded! My sister wrote a little poem which I found hilarious and wanted to share with you! A little background information on my car history...

My first car was a Subaru which I successfully totaled by smashing it several times into a guard rail and concrete barrier. Ironically, the guard rail kept me from plunging into Leggetts creek. RIP Subaru (1999-1999)

Second up on the car list was my Pontiac that doubled as a boat because it carried me a good 2 miles down Will Clayton Parkway when I got caught up in a flash flood. By the grace of God, and with lots of TLC by my father-in-law and Matt, my floating Pontiac dried out and was completely fixed. The little Pontiac-that-could lasted a good couple years after that fateful swim.
(1999-2004)

Finally we are at my beloved Taurus which up until now, has been my trusty little car. But for whatever reason, she decided to need her alternator, battery, starter and brakes all replaced in the span of seven (yes, SEVEN) days!

Now that you are up to speed on my person CarFax report, here is Michelle's poem.

"Once upon a time there was a Subaru, a Pontiac, and a Taurus.One day, the Subaru ran to the creek to go for a swim, but he couldn't swim. Then, Pontiac went for a swim, so to show off he floated, but he couldn't run. Finally, the Taurus was a big 6V with a lot of power and could speed down the Sam Houston past..everyone..but needs to be jumped like Frankenstein to be brought back to life!"

I thought it was cute and really appreciated the laugh. Now that my car is up and running, I will be enjoying some much needed relaxation at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment