Friday, May 7, 2010

Strep versus Siete

The boys and I were planning to kick off Mothers Day weekend with fiesta at a friends house to celebrate Siete de Mayo (not to be confused with Cinco de Mayo). Our plans quickly changed once Jacob started complaining of a sore throat and then the bombshell dropped...the boy took a nap! Napping in our house means that you better get the copay ready because there is a doctors appointment looming. I tried to get in with our doctor but that was impossible on the Friday afternoon before Mothers Day.

Thankfully there's a Minute Clinic close by and were able to get us in without a long wait. Turns out that Jacob tested positive for Strep not only by their doctor but by their newest intern, Dr. Joshua. Joshua firmly explained to the doctor that Jacob got sick because pollen got into the cut on his knee. Jacob corrected Joshua by telling him that he's sick because he didn't eat enough fruit. He also explained to them that his insides were falling out because he had diarrhea. (Lovely detail, I know.)

It cracks me up to think that the boys managed to have fun at the appointment even though Jacob was rocking a 103 fever AND my bright pink hoodie.

Taking pitiful pictures to send to Daddy



Dr. Joshua examining the patient for pollen.



One curled up boy in a now stretched out hoodie



My uncle pointed out that on Mothers Day I'm definitely going to feel needed. As parents, we try to make our children independent but the reality is that moms always want to feel needed. While Jacob may not enjoy the weekend very much, I'm going to relish in the fact that my little guy still needs me. On that note, I'm off to put another cool washcloth on his forehead. I better enjoy this "needed feeling" before the antibiotics kick in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment