Friday, July 9, 2010

Kiss Kindergarten Good Bye

It's official, the bud graduated Kindergarten!! He did amazing this year and we couldn't be prouder of him. Jacob not only excelled in his academics (he's reading DRA level 28 books!) but he also did a great job of transitioning to the new demands of school. Jacob was lucky to have a great teacher who understood his quirks which played a huge part in him excelling. It's weird to think that it was only a few years ago that we dropped him off for his first day of preschool.



Jacob was super excited about his Kindergarten program and practiced the songs nightly. (He even busted out into song and dance one evening at Chickfila while I was placing our order. It was insane and hilarious!)



Matt, Joshua and I climbed to the top of the bleachers so we could have a great view of the show. Not long after, the kids filed on to stage and that was all it took to make me ball. I'm talking, full fledged "Who's the crazy mom?" kind of tears. I didn't have too much time to sulk down memory lane because Joshua accidentally kicked the flip flop off of my foot and it fell alllllll the way to the floor.

In an instant, I went from The Crazy Crying Mom to the White Trash Mom who only wears one slightly tacky gold flip flop to a Kindergarten graduation. Klassy with a K!


The kids did a really great job and I was so excited that Jacob gave me a little love while he was on stage. The best thing about Southern Boys is that they always love their mama's!


The families were invited back to the classrooms for a reception before being dismissed for the day. It was really sweet to see Jacob having so much fun with his friends. I am so blessed that he had such a great teacher and kind students to spend the year with.



HOLLER!!!


And then Joshua discovered Pixie Sticks...


I'm so proud of my little guy and can't wait to see what happens in 1st grade!! While looking for a preschool picture of Jacob, I found a few others of Jacob that I had to post. They just made me smile!!

A young genius at work!


The Preschool Ladies Man








Look how little he was and he STILL talks about Chuchi's wedding


My Little Hunter




First...and Last...time he cut his hair


One of Henry's 10,000 birthday parties


Ice Cream with the horse


Spring Break Scranton Style


Can't grow a beard? Draw one!


I am so thankful to have Jacob and Joshua in my life. The thought of them growing up can be scary but keep reminding myself of all the fun we have ahead of us!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This has me in tears. I love them so much. It is beautiful to see their lives presented so eloquently by their mother. <3

    ReplyDelete