Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shuffling, Studying & Sweeping to Showers, Sun & Sleeping!!

If you know anything about me, it's that I love (I mean really LOVE) to sleep. The problem is that when school is in session, I get very little of my beloved Zzzz's' Instead get to do plenty of shuffling the kids around, studying and sweeping up the mess we leave behind. Thankfully that hot mess of a routine is over and it's now time to reap the benefits of summer!! The goal of my day is to at some point get every person showered, soak in some sun and of course...sleep!! This new schedule has left me little time to blog so I am a bit (and by "bit" I mean months) behind. I'm going to try to catch up over the next week because it is going to rain and that freed up my time that would have otherwise been spent in the sun.

Since I'm catching up in no chronological order, I'll start with today. Eventually I'll catch up on the major life events that have slipped through my lazy blogging fingers.



We met up at the beach with some friends and the boys enjoyed playing with somebody else instead of each other. (Sidenote, my boys that rarely fight with each other are at the point in the summer where they are about to kill each other. I've resorted to turning up the music loud enough so I can't hear them and will only turn it down once they stop fighting. Bad parenting? Probably. Effective? YES!!)



The little boys (Jacob, Joshua & Nick)played in the water and the big boys (Matt & Michael) planned out hunting, camping and fishing trips while girls (Amy & Alison) relaxed and sipped lemonade on the beach. The thought of the boys going hunting made me happy because any trip that requires camouflage results in an automatic shopping trip for ME. This is exactly why I love when Matt goes hunting.



Back to the beach.... So the kids play and played and played. By the end of the day, we all have some part of our body that resembles a lobster but hey, it was worth it!



We spent the night at the boys Cowboy Grandma's. They love staying there and part of the trip usually involves a stop at the fish hatchery. They have been going there since they were little but never get tired of playing with the critters in the touch tank. (I even learned something new today. Did you know that crabs with red tips on their claws are the girls? It's like their claws have nail polish on them. Who knew they were so stylish!!)





We made one more final (and FREE!) stop at the local museum before we got on the road. It amazes me how much fun the kids have at any museum, regardless of how big or small. They played with a little airplane simulator and Jacob flew better than my husband...who works for an airline!!





We made it home safe and sound but the surprises weren't over yet. Jacob lost another tooth. He's not so excited about the actual tooth fairy, but the fact that it's "payday when he loses a tooth." What can I say, my kids are awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment