Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cinderella's Shoe

Well, maybe not exactly Cinderella but I'll take what I can get. We were at the mall today, bravely riding the escalator when Joshua fell forward. I instantly lunged after him which unknowingly caused my heel to break off. I learned this when the lady behind us tapped me on the shoulder and politely asked if that was part of my shoe on the step below. Not good, especially since it's a Sunday afternoon and everyone and their brother is at the mall. This kids found my shoe debacle hilarious as I hobbled, yes truly hobbled, from the middle of the mall all the way to Dillards to buy another pair. The sales lady jokingly asked if I wanted to wear my new pair home.


Prior to the shoe drama, we went out for lunch and I was completely impressed at how diligently they were coloring the place mats. Jacob was working on his when he realized that Joshua's place mat had an alien on it. In passing, Jacob nonchalantly told Joshua that he looked like the alien! What I just realized is now is how much Jacob and my father have the same sense of humor. To give you an example of what I'm dealing with, my father works with a lady who is blind and he commonly asks her if she likes his tie! The amazing part is that the blind lady, along with those who actually get his humor, think that he's hilarious.


Later in the evening we met Jennifer for WhichWich Sunday. Jacob was adamant about sitting next to Miss Jennifer and he made sure to inform her of the seating arrangement. The sandwich was great but the company was even better.

Our final stop of the day was at Target where Joshua decided to place dress up in the accessories aisle. Once again, I was able to snap a blackmail picture and will be sure to keep it safe until it is needed during his teenage years.


Oh, one last thing. The boys were discussing where they're going to live when they get older. Jacob is going to have his own house and won't let Joshua live there. He told Joshua to build a house next to his, but not too close. When I asked Joshua where I was going to live, he quickly replied "in a tree." Looks like there's a treehouse in my future and not a nursing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment