Saturday, February 20, 2010

Me & My Monks

The boys and I had a semi-impromptu shopping trip out at the outlets today. I say "semi-impromptu" because I was tinkering with the idea all week but decided it was a go after getting the boys haircuts. This whole impromptu-thing may not be a big deal to you, but it was a HUGE thing for me. Reason being, the not-to-distant past involved attempting to get the kids out of the house fully clothed *bonus points if clean*, diaper bags, potty breaks, nursing in the car or dressing room, nap times, more dirty diapers/potty breaks...I can go on and on. Today was one of those great days that I realized that I don't have to deal with ANY of that anymore!! BRILLIANT!!! While I truly loved my little guys being so dependent on me for everything, it's soo nice for them to get ready themselves and be able to change plans on whim without worrying about naps, diapers or potty breaks. (I probably just jinxed myself and my next post will include a picture of a Clear Blue Easy with the caption "I'm Pregnant!")

From Blog

Jacob helping me pick out purses! What can I say, he has good taste!

I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, the shopping trip or the fact that continually ran into Buddhist monks! I know, only I would get uber-excited, and I'm not sure even why, but it totally made my day. My first run-in was at the Coach outlet. Any street smart woman knows to get her shopping-claws out when braving a Coach Outlet on a Saturday afternoon. My Monk friends were not as prepared for the madness. There was no shortage of woman snapping their necks and pushing each other all in the name of a good deal. I had a blast watching their faces!
From Blog

Notice the woman with 10 purses on her arm. Oh yeah, she had her Game Face on!

Out next run in was at Burberry (sad news, Tannersville Burberry Outlet put 290 to shame) where I'm sure they were amused with the three flamboyant men trying on different Man Bags. Our final run in was at Gap and was much less eventful.
From Blog

Yes, I know I'm a stalker and totally OK with that.

Oh, there was the one point where Joshua yelped out "ORANGE!! Traffic lights are orange. His dress orange!" Thank you preschool for that great lesson in colors. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment