Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jacob, Joshua and Jesus

The boys generally have an opinion about everything and that includes religion. Bless their little hearts, they spend a lot of time at church and have a pretty good on religion. Correction, they have their own interpretations of religion! Here are a couple of my favorites...

The Bible, Cliffnotes Version
Jacob drew this picture one day after church and it still cracks me up. For those of you who can't read Six Year Old, I'll translate.

From Blog


"Jesus was Gods son of Heaven
with Moses and Joseph and Joshua
But Jesus died on the cross
But a angel came out of
a rock with a Bible of the Ten Commandments."

There you have it, the entire Bible summed up on a single sheet of paper. (with illustrations!!)


Gods Powers
Joshua explained to me how God used his powers to create the world and all he people. He went on to say that God gave him special powers too. I bravely asked him what his "special powers" are and Joshua explained that God gave him spider webs in his hands just like Spiderman.


England, Heaven on Earth
Joshua and I were at HEB today when Joshua randomly told the cashier about his cousin Thomas and how they are family. The cashier asked him if they get to play together often and he said no because Thomas lives with God. The cashier looked stunned, assumably thinking that Thomas died and is Heaven. Thankfully I was half-way listening to their conversation and was able to chime in that Thomas lives in England, not Heaven!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon would have to say that England IS God's country. Your son was correct!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Amy, I didn't know you did the blog thing

    My 3 year old has a lot of insights about God, too. IF you ask her where Jesus is, she says: "Dad, Jesus is everywhere!" Then she said to me: "When I go to heaven, I am going to play with Jesus!" Out of the mouths of babes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff,

    Aren't kids amazing?! I work with the Preschool Ministry at my church and honestly think that the younger they are, the smarter they are. Innocence is an amazing thing and wish that we all held on to it a bit longer.

    Thanks for checking out my blog and let me know if you have one. I get in blogging kicks and feel on one coming on soon! hugs to your family.

    ReplyDelete